Urgent Action Request: State Tourism Office in Jeopardy of Losing Funding
The proposed budget released today by the Washington State Senate slashes the entire state general fund tourism budget. If enacted, this would mean the end of the Washington State Tourism program and serious ramifications for the tourism industry statewide.
We urge you to call or write your state senator immediately to tell them that tourism matters to your business and your community. It is especially important to communicate with members of the
To find your legislative district and elected officials, visit: www.leg.wa.gov
Tourism Matters to
• Tourism supports some 147,600 jobs and stimulates $4.2 billion in earnings
• Tourists spend money - $14.2 billion in the state
• Tourists contribute nearly $1 billion in local/state tax revenue
• LGBT tourists contribute significant revenue to
• According to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) produced, tourism ranks 4th as an industry, following software, aerospace and agriculture & food
• Tourism supports existing companies
• Tourism stimulates new business development
• Hotel/motel taxes support arts and cultural institutions, sports, transportation projects and much more
Sustained tourism marketing and promotion is vital for all us all. Please take immediate action on this issue!