by Rachael Brister
Instead of my usual round up of social media and business marketing related blog posts, tips and resources, I am dedicating this month’s column to an app I am smitten with. Hyperlapse.
Hyperlapse is a video app created by Instagram. You can create amazing time lapse videos that look polished, professional and because of built-in stabilization, your resulting video will not be shaky or cause motion sickness when viewed. These types of videos were previously impossible to create without expensive equipment and bulky tripods. And you do not need an Instagram or Hyperlapse account, just a camera phone. Capture an entire sunrise in 10 seconds. Walk through the crowds at an all-day music festival, then distill it into a 30 second spot. Capture your bumpy trail run and share your 5k in 5 seconds.
There are also a lot of useful and fun applications of this app for your business:
- Do you sell a product that requires instructions on how to assemble? Record the entire process with Hyperlapse.
- Unbox your product piece by piece and record the process.
- Show your customers and potential customers a behind the scenes look at your workplace.
- Have your audience compete in a contest using Hyperlapse.
- Record each member of your staff saying a greeting or just waving to the camera and string them all together.
- If your business is food-related, record the chef cooking, the bartender mixing a drink, stocking your shelves or just a bustling day of servers, customers, etc.
Most of all, have fun!
Here are a few resources that include more great ideas on using Hyperlapse for your business.
It is currently only available for the iPhone and iPad, but Instagram is now available iOs, Android and Windows Phone, so I am hoping Hyperlapse is soon to follow.