Today is National Coming Out Day is a perfect time to take actions in support of LGBT equality and ask your friends to do the same.
Gay Fathers Association of Seattle and their GSBA friends are celebrating National Coming Out Day on the East side, at the Issaquah Brew House. 6 p.m. - 10 .p.m. 35 W Sunset Way, Issaquah
Here are a few quick ideas from Equal Rights Washington
1. Make every trip to the grocery store an opportunity to show your neighbors that you support marriage equality. Request a free, “I DO: Support Marriage Equality Bumper sticker” from ERW.
2. President Obama has asked us to hold his feet to the fire on LGBT civil rights. Send an e-mail to the President and your federal elected leaders calling for the passage of the Employment Nondiscrimination Act. While we are blessed in Washington State with the Anderson-Murray Anti-discrimination Law, it is still legal to fire people in most states, simply because they are LGBT. Tell Congress to pass ENDA. http://equalityfederation.salsalabs.com/o/35037/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=37
3. We need an equality minded majority in the Washington State legislature if we are going to continue our march towards full equality. The Washington Legislature has passed important LGBT civil rights measures every year since 2006. Now that majority is threatened. Please donate to the ERW PAC at www.ERWPAC.org and learn about volunteer opportunities to support equality candidates. http://equalityfederation.salsalabs.com/o/35037/t/0/blastContent.jsp?email_blast_KEY=2034
4. Help reduce bullying in schools visit www.MakeItBetterProject.org AND www.Itgetsbetterproject.com
5. VOTE: Ballots are being mailed to your home this week. VOTE.