GSBA Vision & Mission

MISSION: To combine business development, leadership and social action to expand economic opportunities for the LGBT Community and those who support equality for all.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

5 Questions with Alysa Rosen, GSBA’s New Membership Services Manager

Alysa Rosen is the new GSBA Membership Services Manager. If you have any questions about joining the organization, expanding your involvement, or about what benefits are available to you, don't hesitate to reach out to her at AlysaR [at] thegsba.org.


Welcome, Alysa! Tell us a bit about yourself.
I grew up in Houston, TX, and received my master of science in social work from the University of Texas at Austin. Go Longhorns! In addition, I completed a certificate in nonprofit management from the University of Washington in 2012. In my free time, I help organize events and programming for Kolenu, Seattle’s Jewish LGBT group. I also enjoy hiking, taking classes at Jet City Improv, reading great fiction, learning how to cook and seeing live music.  

What is your favorite hike?
I love so many of the hikes right off of I-90, like Little Si, Twin Falls and Tiger Mountain. But I think my favorite hike these days is Rattlesnake Ledge. I’m actually heading there this weekend! It’s a gorgeous, winding hike through the forest that ends in spectacular views of the Cedar River watershed, Mount Si, Mount Washington, Rattlesnake Lake and Chester Morse Lake. If the weather is warm enough, the lake is a great place to cool off in afterwards.

What is a memorable live performance you have seen recently?
I recently had the privilege of seeing Led to Sea live at the Tractor Tavern in Ballard. I have seen violist-violinist Alex Guy before and have always been impressed, but this time she had an incredible cellist and drummer accompany her. I was honestly transfixed. If you get a chance, go see her!

What did you do before coming to GSBA?
As the Membership and Program Director of Temple Beth Am, a 900-household liberal synagogue here in Seattle, I had the privilege of recruiting, welcoming and integrating over 200 new member households into our community during my five years there. I worked with our board of directors, senior leadership and membership to plan and execute programs and events to foster engagement, ensure our members were happy and would continue their annual support of the synagogue. Additionally, I built and supervised a robust volunteer corps to support new and existing programming.

What are you looking forward to doing here at GSBA?

I am excited to work for GSBA, helping to grow our membership, retain our wonderful existing members and maintain us as the premier chamber of commerce in Washington State. GSBA is truly a chamber with both a heart and a conscience. What other chamber in the country has included the term “social justice” in its mission or has devoted a large portion of its own resources and staff time to raising scholarship funds to enable LGBT and allied youth to further their education?

1 comment:

BPladybug said...

Welcome Alysa!
Ann Paris
Paris Insurance Services