GSBA Vision & Mission

MISSION: To combine business development, leadership and social action to expand economic opportunities for the LGBT Community and those who support equality for all.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

OUTLeads: Where Input Equals Output

Some of the most programs that GSBA offers are the OUTLeads direct referral groups. OUTLeads is comprised of GSBA members who meet twice per month to exchange direct referrals. One representative from each industry is permitted per group. The goal of OUTLeads is to build strong relationships between members and to pass direct referrals among the group.

There are OUTLeads groups in central Seattle (both morning and lunchtime), West Seattle, Lynnwood, Everett and the Eastside. The original North End group grew so large that the Everett group was launched this past January to meet demand, and is growing rapidly.

Christine Suter, who owns the coaching business Affirmation in Action, joined OUTLeads in 2010 when the Seattle morning group was established. She now gets 25 percent of all her business through the connections that she makes in her group. “OUTLeads is my generating force for new business!  While I catalyze and help improve my client’s lives through my services I have found OUTLeads is catalyzing and improving my business in return,” she says. “It is with pride and conviction that I can recommend my OUTLeads members to my sphere of influence to expand their business while I receive their trust to work with them or someone they deeply care about.” Christine adds that this is a great place for proactive businesspeople to join and effectively boost their marketing efforts.

These direct referral groups are not just for the attendees to do business with one another – the idea is that they get to know and trust the services of their colleagues so that they can recommend other OUTLeads members to their own personal networks. Ed Dorame of Golden Empire Mortgage recently joined the Seattle afternoon group. “I’ve referred three clients to other group members who have used their services, and have used one of my group members services personally which ended up saving me $100 for the work done. So far the clients that I have referred have said good things about their experience.  It’s been a great platform to tell others about my business and the services I provide.”

One of our strongest champions in the North End is David Kosar of American Family Insurance. David worked hard to establish Everett group and says that OUTLeads is the best networking group he has participated in. “It the highest generating lead source for me here at the agency, and the other members of my group have become friends and family. Not only does this group serve as a great lead source, they also are incredible advocates for me and my business in the way of providing support and coaching when asked for. Joining OUTLeads is the single best thing I have done for myself in a long time.”

If you have not participated in OUTLeads before, you are welcome to visit the groups as a guest to try it out.
Seattle Breakfast Group: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at Julia’s in Wallingford
Seattle Lunch Group: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 1st Security BankDifferent on Broadway
West Seattle: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at American Family Insurance
Eastside: 1st and 3rd Thursdays at Let’s Do Lunch in Bellevue
North End: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at Eagle Home Mortgage in Lynnwood
Everett: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at Lamoureaux Real Estate

For more information please email office@thegsba.org.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks GSBA- you are the greatest organization. Each and everyone of you bring joy into my life and goodness into the world. Thanks for having OUTLeads for us. We have openings in the Everet/Snohimish group if anyone would like to join us in the northend.

Unknown said...

Thank you GSBA for all you do. Each and every one of you bring joy into my life. Thanks for bringing us OUTLeads. We have room in the new Everett/Snohomish group. If you would like to help us grow the GSBA in the northern counties, contact me for more information on our group. We would love to have you as a member or as a visitor.

Margaret Berman said...

I am so glad I met Christine. She suggested I try OUTleads with my first visit to Women on Top and I'm glad I did. Lot's of referrals both given and received and many happy clients as a result! Great group at Julia's in Wallingford!!